About Centre For Alternative Technology
CAT is open for courses, special events, group visits and Graduate School of the Environment students, but is unfortunately not currently open to day visitors.
Nestled in the stunning UNESCO Dyfi Biosphere in Mid Wales, The Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) is a world-renowned eco centre that demonstrates practical solutions for a sustainable future. Discover a hidden world, packed full of working examples of renewable energy, beautiful organic gardens, experimental green buildings and sustainably managed woodland habitats.
Whether you’re coming with a school, college or university, as a team away day, or as a community group that’s working to create change, CAT is the perfect place to visit as a group.
CAT is fully equipped for a unique and inspiring group visit – with 24 acres of gardens, woodlands and displays and experts in a wide variety of sustainable solutions. Choose from a range of workshops, talks and tours, which we can tailor to suit your group.
– Britain’s leading eco-centre
– On-site 4* group accommodation
– Full catering packages available from CAT's fully vegetarian cafe
– Free entry for coach drivers/tour guides
– Free car or coach parking
– Dedicated group visits team
– Fully accessible visitor centre, conference facilities and accommodation.
Find out more at www.cat.org.uk.