Take a look around
About National Museum Cardiff
The whole of the first floor is dedicated to Wales' national art collections, from paintings and drawings to sculpture and ceramics. It features one of the best collections of Impressionist paintings in Britain and leading international artists of today.
Be inspired by our breath-taking art collections featuring work by Turner, Monet, Rodin, Van Gogh and leading Welsh artists such as Richard Wilson, Thomas Jones, Augustus John and Gwen John.
Take a journey through space and time in the Evolution of Wales gallery, where you can see real meteorites, moon rock, dinosaurs and woolly mammoths!
Our natural history galleries house animals, birds and insects from Wales and beyond, including a humpback whale skeleton and the world’s largest leatherback turtle.
Try the new Augmented Reality living guide! Discover life under the waves, travel back in time to the dinosaurs and experience Monet’s garden!
Visitor information & facilities:
– Admission is free
– Car park charge. Free to disabled badge holders. Car park is situated behind the Museum, off Museum Avenue.
– Restaurant, coffee shop, gift shop
– Storage lockers & buggy park
– Wheelchair accessible
– Wheelchairs and portable seating available on request
– For access information, see our website or call (029) 2057 3000, 0300 111 2 333
– Children under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times
Open Tuesday-Sunday and most Bank Holiday Mondays, 10am-5pm. Galleries close at 4.45pm.
Please check with the Museum before making a special journey.
Like what you see at National Museum Cardiff?