About Cwm-Yr-Eglwys Beach
Cwm-yr-Eglwys is a small beach on the eastern side of Dinas island. Overlooking the beach lie the ruins of St Brynach's church which was destroyed in the great storm of 1859. Behind this is a (pay) car park with toilets and a small caravan site. The beach has a slipway, and is mostly comprised of sand and rocks. On the eastern side of the bay is a sheltered cove which can be reached by walking over the rocks at low tide, or else by a 200 yard swim. A level wheelchair-friendly path leads to the neighbouring beach of Pwllgwaelod along the sheltered Cwm Dewi valley, which is rich in wildlife. The beach is mostly covered at high tide, and is generally safe for swimming and snorkelling
Seaside Award beach. There is a narrow slipway for launching small boats, pay car parking and toilets. Dogs are allowed.
The content of this page is not owned by Visit Wales.