Welcome to peace and tranquillity in the beautiful Welsh countryside, where red kites soar overhead, seas beckon to the west, and the Cambrian Mountains rise in all other directions. A 200-year-old barn tucked into a hillside, Y Granar enjoys sweeping countryside views from the balcony at the same time as easy one-level access from the quiet lane.
• 4 house pets are free - or perhaps more, if you get in touch with us to discuss your needs
• Dog leads, water and food bowls, and guest dog tags are provided
• Opulent King-size four-poster tester bed for people
• Delightful four-poster bed for small dogs
• Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, fridge/freezer and Smeg dishwasher
• Rangemaster gas cooker and enamelled cast iron cookware
• Everything required for gourmet cooking or just serving take-away meals
• Welcome pack including Welsh bread, butter, milk, and Welsh cakes
• Selection of quality teas, freshly-ground coffee, hot chocolate, marmalade and jams
• Plush, cosy dressing gowns provided
• Organic cotton bed linens and towels, and Welsh sheep-wool duvet provided
• Free-standing roll-top bath
• Dr Bronner’s liquid soaps and bespoke Tan yr Allt solid soaps
• Wood-burning stove, logs included
• Bio-mass underfloor heating and hot water
• TV with DVD player
• Free Wi-Fi Internet
• Private car parking
• Enclosed garden, a dog exercise paddock, and acres to roam
• Information pack which includes Driving Routes, Beach Guides and Dog-friendly Walks from Y Granar
The stunning interior features fieldstone walls and an opulent four-poster bed with organic linens.
The fully-equipped country kitchen includes a Rangemaster gas cooker. Floors are kept cosy by underfloor heating flowing from a green clean energy-efficient biomass system fuelled by locally-sourced woodchips.
Enjoy views through the stable door whilst seated by the wood-burning stove or lying in the freestanding roll-top bath. Gaze upon dark night skies from the balcony.
Dogs of any size or breed are welcome! There is a dog welcome pack and a four-poster dog bed.
Maps will guide you through beautiful dog-friendly walks from your door. Open moorlands can be reached on foot within 30 minutes.
Horses can enjoy miles of lanes and open access land directly from the property.
There are never any additional pet charges. Your cats are welcome, too.
Local Attractions includes:
• Cors Caron National Nature Reserve - am important raised Peat bog with 170 species of birds.
• National Trust Llanerchaeron Estate. Listed mansion built by John Nash. Also, a traditional working farm
• CADW Strata Florida Abbey. Site of a 12th century Cistercian Abbey.
• National Trust Dolaucothi Gold Mine. Pan for gold and see Roman and Victorian mining works.
• Devil’s Bridge and Falls. Spectacular waterfalls and beauty spot.
• Hafod Estate. Picturesque walks that take you to gardens, waterfalls and views of Ystwyth Valley.
• Vale of Rheidol Railway. A Narrow gauge line between Aberystwyth and Devil’s Bridge.
• Gwenffrwd Dinas RSPB Nature Reserve. In 1960 this was the last stronghold of the Red Kite. Circular walk.
• New Quay. Sandy beaches and boat trips in home of the UK's largest dolphin pods.