There is a high demand for this area at the moment. We strongly advise you to delay your trip to this area until 2021 - giving you plenty of time to plan and book your trip in advance!
Please be aware the roads around many waterfalls can be very narrow, and are often single track with little visibility and few passing places. Be prepared to give way and reverse on narrow lanes. Before making your trip, please check the Brecon Beacons website for up-to-date information.
- Please note that none of the waterfalls are close to the car parks.
- All car parks are cash only so please ensure you have change with you to pay for your parking.
- Make sure to follow one-way advisory signage where requested.
- Car parks are small and get very busy, and are often full by midday.
- Keep an eye on Brecon Beacons social media for any important announcements on the day you are visiting.
Looking after yourself and the countryside
Waterfall Country is a fragile landscape that can be easily damaged. Follow these guidelines and help preserve its beauty.
- Keep on the waymarked paths – they will offer you the safest route.
- If you bring it here, take it home – litter can spoil everyone’s visit.
- Watch where you step! – plants, especially mosses, are fragile and slow growing and easily trampled.
- Fires are devastating, leave standing and fallen trees for the wildlife.
- Peace and quiet are appreciated by the local residents, both people and animals.
Exploring the outdoors is fantastic fun, but please read up on the risks and make sure you are prepared.
- Find safety advice for exploring Wales' National Parks.
- Visit AdventureSmart.uk for information on how to stay safe whilst exploring Wales.
You might say we’re biased, but Wales is home to the most majestic and stunningly beautiful waterfalls on the planet. Trust us. Rivers trickle from mountain peaks and through Welsh woodlands, cascading over clifftops as they make their way to the sea. For hikers, explorers, and nature lovers, visiting a Welsh waterfall (or four) can make for the perfect day trip or weekend away.