About Blaenavon Workmen's Hall
The Blaenavon Workmen’s' Hall and Institute was completed in 1895 at a cost of £9,000 which was funded chiefly by ironworkers through weekly voluntary deductions from their pay. The building provided a place for social gathering and self education and betterment which included a library, reading room, refreshments, committee rooms and a splendid auditorium.
The Blaenavon Workmen’s Hall is owned by Torfaen County Borough Council and is operated by an independent management committee made up of local people. The venue is available for use by all members of the public subject to availability, pre-booking is required. Bookings can be made by contacting the Secretary of the Workmen’s Hall.