About Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Mon
The Royal Commission is the investigative body and national archive for the historic environment of Wales. It has the lead role in ensuring that Wales’s archaeological, built and maritime heritage is authoritatively recorded, and seeks to promote the understanding and appreciation of this heritage nationally and internationally.
We have a huge collection of works about the built heritage of Wales which includes:
• reconstruction drawings including plans and elevations
• historic maps
• historic and modern aerial photographs
• archaeological and architectural reports
• digital surveys
• GIS - Geographical Information Systems
• digital reconstructions - 3D models and animations
Coflein is our online database of the archaeological sites and historic buildings in Wales. Browse for free today: www.coflein.gov.uk
Our Library and Search Room is open to the public Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:30 – 16:00, Wednesday 10:30-16:30. We also provide a free public enquiry service and welcome group visits.