Nestling next to a 16th Century Old Rectory "The Cwtch" is a contemporary cottage (converted to a very high 5 star standard, from a dog kennel), built at the foot of a Norman Mote and Bailey Castle mound and 100 yards from a Norman church which still serves the local community twice a month, with the remains of a Roman camp just 200 yards so steeped in history. This detached, single-storey holiday cottage sits in the owners grounds of some 4 acres of delightful Gardens, which you are welcome to explore and is set in its own private garden and terrace, ideal for relaxing or alfresco dining with a gas BBQ provided. This one bedroom single story cottage has a super-king sized sprung mattress bed for a fantastic night's sleep, with a large wet-room and open plan "kitchen, dining, living room" with a log burner with an abundance of logs, perfect for a cosy night in. While staying at "The Cwtch" Why not visit Cardiff (15 mins by train or just a 30 min easy drive), the bustling capital of Wales, which is a must for the abundance of shops and theatre's, or a visit to the Millennium centre in Cardiff bay to see a fantastic show or even the Principality Stadium, one of the world’s greatest sporting venues. The ancient market town of Cowbridge with its fine award winning restaurants, tea rooms, bars and small boutiques, shops, crafts and art galleries is just 6 miles away and also offers easy access to the M4 and train links just 1.5 miles away, giving access to all that South Wales can offer you. If you are looking for coastal scenery, Ogmore Beach, Porthcawl and many more beaches are an easy 20 minute drive away or why not venture further afield to the stunning scenery of the sandy beaches, bays and coves of the Gower. The wild expanses of the Brecon Beacons is a 40 minute drive with the popular tourist climb to Pen y Fan which is a walkers delight. The Cwtch" therefore provides you with the peace and tranquillity of the country side, with close proximity to a beautiful coastline and many attractions that South Wales has to offer, with something for everyone on your doorstep.
Accommodation Guests will enjoy the scenery and peace and quiet of the beautiful rural hideaway with
1. Luxury Superking bed, 6`6” in length by 6` wide, so loads of room to stretch out.
2. Wet room with Electric Shower (4 head function) Glass shower screen, white sanitary wear and high quality toiletries
3. Babes in arms welcome, no pets (as the owners have dogs) and no smokers (outside only no smoking in the cottage)
4. Loads of private parking
5. 2 small steps up to the cobbled path to the cottage front door with two further small steps into the building.
6. Double height ceilings
7. Welcome pack is included, which includes a light snack and a bottle of wine when you arrive and items to make yourself a real `welsh cooked breakfast` Tea and Fresh coffee beans are also provided as is milk and sugar. Bathrobes and slippers. Linen and towels as well as quality toiletries are also provided. So all you need to do is turn up!
Accommodation Cont...Single story, ground floor entrance, to oak floor hall. Open plan kitchen, dining area and lounge with log burning stove. Oak floored double bedroom with luxury superking sprung bed, dressing table and large wardrobe. Wet room with walk-in shower
• Contemporary electric heating system
• Wood burning stove
• Electric Hob
• Electric integral oven and grill
• Built in microwave
• Fridge with Freezer compartment
• Washing machine, tumble dryer and small freezer in separate building with a woodstore and secure lock up for bicycles
• Smart tv, wifi internet access
• Radio/cd player with iphone docking
• Semi enclosed garden with two patio areas
• Original works of art by welsh artists
• White Leather corner sofa with Contemporary Chaise
• 5* quality fixtures and fitting.
• Bone china crockery
Sorry no dogs, there is a large pond and stream in the owners garden with immediate access to footpath and woodland. Separate private gated, semi enclosed garden (surrounded on all side with low level wall)