The Llanfendigaid Estate has been owned by the Nanney-Wynn family and their forebears since the earliest records began in AD 1241. An estate map from 1780 shows that the original estate stretched along the Welsh coast from Harlech in the north to Aberystwyth in the south. However, since the collapse of many of the great British estates in the 1920s, Llanfendigaid Estate has gradually reduced in size to a much smaller patch in the Snowdonia National Park on one of the most attractive stretches of the Welsh coastline.
We have four exceptional properties available, three of which are listed by CADW as Grade II* which is only given to historic houses of exceptional interest and quality. All properties have been graded by Visit Wales. The Cow Shed received a 5* grading and the others received 4* gradings. All properties have shared use of a 28' x 14' indoor heated swimming pool. We regret we are not wheelchair friendly.
The Cow Shed is probably the oldest building on the site. Converted in 2015 from a cow shed (modern cows are too big for the old buildings), it makes wonderful and very spacious living accommodation. We have tried to retain the character of the old buildings so that anybody driving along the road will notice very little change but at the same time use the latest materials to create a light, airy and modern building. The Cow Shed is south facing and the courtyard is sheltered from all the main winds and always catches whatever sun is available so is unusually warm and private.
Utility room, kitchen, dining area, sitting room, log burner, ultrafast Wi-Fi, DVD, Freesat, Colour TV, Skype phone. Courtyard garden, garden furniture, 2 x well behaved dogs welcome. Electric cooker and LPG central heating. About 220 sqm in total.