Mid Wales welcomes everyone. There's a huge choice of accessible places to stay, including hotels, guesthouses, cottages, B&Bs and bunkhouses. Tailored to visitors with disabilities, they provide the perfect base for visitors of all abilities to enjoy their time in this wonderful part of Wales. For more information on things to do while you're here, see the links below.
Accessible Mid Wales attractions
Accessible hotels in Mid Wales
Temple Street, Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 5DY
- Two fully wheelchair-accessible rooms
- Lifts to all floors
- Level ground floor access to bar, lounges and dining room
- Disabled-friendly access to sauna and steam room, with private, fully equipped changing facilities
Located in the Victorian spa town of Llandrindod Wells, the Metropole Hotel is a comfortable and well-equipped base for exploring the region. Two accessible rooms suitable for wheelchair users can be found close to the main lift, each with adapted bathrooms. For full details check the Metropole Hotel's accessibility statement.
Caer Beris Manor Hotel
Builth Wells, Powys LD2 3NP
- Ground floor wheelchair accessible room
- Bathroom with grab rails and wheel to shower
- Portable ramps for access to front door and reception
Caer Beris Manor Hotel is set in 18 acres of beautiful grounds, next to the wildlife-filled River Irfon. Despite being built around 1896, the present owners have made the house as accessible as possible for all guests. Ground floor Room 23, The Orangery, is wheelchair accessible with an adapted bathroom. It's best to contact their friendly reception directly to discuss any particular requirements. Find out more on the Caer Beris Manor Hotel website.
Accessible holiday cottages and B&Bs in Mid Wales
Yr Hen Stablau
Pantlludw, Machynlleth, Powys SY20 9JR
- Ground floor and front and rear terraces entirely wheelchair-accessible
- Accessible bathroom with roll-in shower, grab rails, lever taps and shower stool
- Equipment including mobile hoist, bed and chair risers and armchair commode available free of charge
Made of local wood and stone, Yr Hen Stablau is tucked away in a lush green spot overlooking the Dyfi Valley. Accessible throughout, with wide doors and even surfaces inside and out, it provides delightful disabled-friendly accommodation in an unspoilt and nature-rich location. Find out more at the Yr Hen Stablau website.
Llanfair Caereinion, Welshpool, Powys SY21 0DE
- Three fully accessible bungalows
- Wheelchair accessible bathrooms
- Equipment including bed blocks, shower chairs and mobile hoist available on request
Set in eight acres of grounds a few miles outside Welshpool, Madog's Wells is home to three accessible self-catering bungalows. Wren's Nest sleeps three, while Blackbird Cottage and Swallow Cottage both provide accommodation for up to six guests. For full details visit the Madog's Wells website.
Accessible caravan holiday parks in Mid Wales
Quay West Holiday Park
New Quay, Ceredigion SA45 9SE
- Adapted caravans for wheelchair users and guests with limited mobility
Perched on clifftops overlooking Cardigan Bay, Quay West Holiday Park serves up a selection of cosy caravans with spectacular sea views. There’s easy access to local beaches and a selection of on-site facilities including, shop, launderette, restaurants and play areas. Check the Quay West website for full details.
Red Kite Touring Park
Van Road, Llanidloes, Powys SY18 6NG
- Accessible wet room suitable for wheelchair users and those with limited mobility
Located at the edge of the Mid Wales town of Llanidloes, Red Kite Touring Park is an adults only site with a fully accessible wet room equipped with a roll-in shower, shower seat and grab rails. The park is laid out with smooth, tarmac paths and roads, making it easy for wheelchair users to get around and explore features like the onsite lake (home to a population of rare great-crested newts). Visit the Red Kite Touring Park website for more information and booking.
Accessible holiday accommodation for groups
Libanus, Brecon, Powys LD3 8NE
- Accessible shower room
Penstar Bunkhouse is a converted barn in the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park, just three miles south of Brecon. It sleeps up to 20 people in comfort, with large, open-plan living spaces and a well-equipped kitchen. To find out more, visit the Penstar Bunkhouse website.
The Ty Glyn Davis Trust Holiday Centre and Gardens
Ciliau Aeron, Ceredigion, SA48 8DE
- Awarded 'Accessibility Grade 2 Status' - suitable for wheelchair users with assistance
- Invacare Birdie Electric Mobile Hoist
- The main bathroom includes an adult sized shower bed, roll-in shower and a ceiling mounted tracking hoist
- Separate shower room with roll-in shower
Designed and built with wheelchair users in mind, the Ty Glyn Holiday Centre accommodates up to 16 guests. It's set in beautiful countryside by the River Aeron, around 4 miles from the coast. The Ty Glyn grounds next to the centre are all accessible - woodland walks leading to a wonderful walled sensory garden, adventure playground and child-friendly water features. Find out more on the Ty Glyn Davies Trust website.
Staylittle, Llanidloes, SY19 7BU
- Two easy access bedrooms suitable for people with mobility issues
- Two easy access showers and three accessible toilets
Deep in the Cambrian Mountains, The Lodge was purpose built as a base for the many outdoor activities in the area. Nearby Llyn Clywedog and Hafren Forest provide accessible woodland trails, sailing and fishing. It is a brilliant Dark Sky location with fabulous mountain views from the communal lounge. There's also a flexible studio space for group activities. The Lodge accommodates 35-40 guests in a variety of rooms. It can be booked out whole, or you can stay on a bed and breakfast basis. Please contact The Lodge directly to find out more information.