2 tbs Vegetable Oil
1 large leek, chopped fine
1 clove garlic, minced
handful fresh sage, chopped fine
380g mashed potato
1 tbs white miso paste
1 tbs mustard
50g vegan cheese, grated
pinch sea salt & pepper
200g gram flour mixed with 240ml water
200g plain flour
250g panko breadcrumbs
pinch sea salt
1 ltr oil for frying
Garnish with fresh chives and a relish of your choice.
1. Sweat the leek in a large frying pan until soft with the garlic & sage. Then allow to cool.
2. Add the potato, mustard, cheese & miso to a mix bowl & stir well.
3. Add the cooled leeks & breadcrumbs, and mix with your hands until it all comes together.
4. Portion the mix into equal sizes then form into sausages.
5. Coat the sausages first in flour, then gram flour mixture & finally breadcrumbs.
6. Shallow fry the coated sausage until golden.
7. Serve immediately with a relish & a sprinkling of chopped chives.