St Elvan's Church, Aberdare

Church Street, Aberdare, Aberdare, Rhondda, Cynon, Taff, CF44 0SG, Wales

St Elvan's Church was started in 1851 and completed in 1852. It has for many years been called 'The Cathedral of the Valleys', and its history is closely linked to the town's industrial development. It is a fine example of 'Victorian Gothic' style of architecture.

The steeple, which can be seen far across the valley had a ring of 8 bells which were bought out of money raised out of public subscription so they could benefit the whole time 'irrespective of any religious denomination whatsoever'.

Nearby accommodation

Nearby activities

Nearby attractions

Nearby events