Surf Snowdonia has revealed a new brand and a game-changing new adventure offer which will open to visitors in summer 2019.
The world-first inland surf hub, which launched in 2015 also plans to open a 106 bedroom Hilton Garden Inn within the development together with new conference facilities and Wellness Spa, due to open in 2020.
Surf Snowdonia will rebrand to Adventure Parc Snowdonia to reflect its broader offer, which it says will deliver a landmark visitor destination not just for North Wales, but for the UK and beyond. The 300-metre inland surf lagoon will remain a key part of the attraction.
Investment in the development will be in the region of £16 million. The new offer for 2019 will include:
• Adrenaline Indoors – a nature-inspired high-thrills climbing, artificial caving adventure experience.
• Explore Outdoors – fresh-air family activities including an off-road pump track, mountain bike trail, bouldering, fun & fitness trail and adventure playground.
• Adventure Concierge Service – to encourage visitors to explore exciting instructor-led activities off-site and visit other leading attractions in the region.
The expanded adventure offer will be followed in 2020 by the following:
• Hilton Garden Inn – a 106-bedroom lagoon-side hotel.
• Wellness Spa – with indoor and outdoor treatment and relaxation areas.
• Conference facilities – a versatile corporate space in a superb natural setting.
Andy Ainscough, Managing Director of Surf Snowdonia
Our investment in phase two is all about building on what we’ve established over the last three years: a flagship adventure destination for Wales and the UK. Our plans will allow us to give our visitors more of what we know they really value: engaging, family-friendly adventures which take them away from their screens and get them moving more in the great outdoors