Swansea University is an ideal conference venue in Swansea, offering everything a conference, meeting or event needs. With an extensive range of accessible meeting and event spaces spread across our two beautiful beachside campuses available for hire outside of teaching times, we are perfectly positioned to host your next event.
Swansea University's facilities range from meeting rooms and boardrooms to a magnificent 700-seat auditorium on Bay Campus with flexible staging and international-standard acoustics. The seating in the auditorium retracts so that it can be converted into a large, flat-floor space, which is perfect for gala dinners and exhibitions.
With first class facilities and excellent value group accommodation in Swansea, close to the Gower Peninsula, large conferences, study groups and summer camps have been making Swansea University their destination of choice for years. Throughout the last academic year, Swansea University proudly played host to over 1,400 events. Furthermore, our sporting facilities are among the finest in Wales and we have hosted major international sporting tournaments, including the 2014 IPC Athletics European Championships in the International Sports Village, adjacent to Singleton Campus.
From July-September, Swansea University offers delegates the convenience of staying on campus in affordable accommodation. With three levels of servicing: bronze, silver and gold, there is an accommodation package for all budgets.
Our dedicated Event Services team have years of experience and understand what it takes to make an event a success. They can help you with any aspect of your event, from planning through to on-site event management.
Swansea University is easily accessible by road and public transport. Bay Campus is just 5 minutes from Junction 42 of the M4 (Singleton Park Campus 20 minutes), 3 hours from London or the Midlands, a short taxi ride from Swansea’s High Street Station and an hour from Cardiff Airport. For delegates attending weekday events at Singleton Park Campus our two main pay and display car parks are located off-campus, about 2 or 7-minute walks.
During weekends and evenings pay and display parking is available on campus. The venue has a limited pay and display visitor parking available at the Bay Campus. Visitors are encouraged to use the Park and Ride service on Fabian Way, which operates a regular service to the Bay Campus.
Swansea University’s Research and Innovation impact has been considerable, with key achievements since 2015 including:
• Top 30 for Research Excellence Framework – over 90% of research has been classed as world leading or internationally excellent for the difference it makes in society
• Access to world leading research expertise in areas including: Steel innovation, health innovation, Smart manufacturing (alongside Airbus, Rolls Royce, GKN, Aston Martin, Ferrari and BASF and Pilkington), justice and equality, sustainable futures, energy and the environment, culture, communication and heritage and digital futures
• Industry can access our talent bank of over 20000 students for placements, part-time roles and graduate opportunities and a number of CPD/Degree Apprenticeships courses
• 508 industry research partners
• Top in Wales for collaborative research income (5th in the UK)
• Ranked 1st in Wales for Citation Impact
• 40 companies co-located on campus
• 1st in Wales (5th in UK) for staff start-ups active after 3 years (over 3 times as many as any other Welsh university).