This is leading the way...
Jill Manley, Business Development Director, ICC Wales
We travelled the world, taking inspiration from outstanding convention centres, to create one building that had the best of everything
The result - a stunning venue specifically designed for world class conventions that meets the needs for event organisers, exhibitors and visitors.
- Auditorium with tiered seating for 1,500 with 762 on the upper level and 738 on lower level
- 4,000 sqm pillar free space, flexible and divisible into 6 sections
- 15 flexible meeting rooms + 26,000 sqm of total floor space
- Up to 5,000 delegates at one time
- Generous atrium entrance with 2,500 sqm outdoor plaza
- Natural daylight in all meeting rooms and the main hall
- Networking spaces on all levels
- Dedicated facilities for clients and production teams
- Direct loading for production and exhibition vehicles
- Just a stones throw from the M4 motorway in Newport, South Wales
The convention centre have adopted the 'Changing Places' accessible toilets and is rolling out several dementia friendly initiatives. The ground floor rooms have been repurposed to incorporate more accessible toilet facilities as part of the Changing Places campaign led by Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson. There are a further four accessible toilets on the ground floor, three on the first floor and one on the second floor.
Staff training has taken place on specific customer service scenarios related to dementia, as well as ensuring that all signage is as clear as possible, and backed up with symbols or images where appropriate, that there are quiet areas, drop off bays in front of the venue, and that the chairs are a distinctive colour from the flooring.
ICC Wales headline sponsor for M&IT awards
The industry’s largest awards show took place on St David’s Day on 1 March 2019, just months before the £84 million South Wales venue officially opened. Held at Battersea Evolution the awards were inspired by the country of Wales. The sponsorship allowed the ICC Wales to showcase the brand new convention centre to over 1,200 meetings and events professionals from across the UK.
The M&IT awards are organised by Meetings & Incentive Travel magazine and the event brings together all sectors of the business to reward excellence of service and product and to enjoy fantastic cuisine, fine wines, excellent live entertainment and raise funds for charity.
Several conferences are already confirmed for the ICC Wales and has already secured more than a landmark £1million in contracted revenue. Confirmed events are drawn from across the Association, Corporate and Exhibition sectors.