Take a journey of self-discovery while developing practical skills in a beautiful immersive environment at the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT).
Nestled in the foothills of Snowdonia and bursting with wildlife, CAT is a world-renowned eco centre that celebrates and supports greener ways of living.
Combining exciting practical skills with immersive wellbeing experiences, CAT’s series of short courses cover everything from nature connection to mindful forestry. Relax and unwind through calm contemplation in the natural world while learning forestry skills, green woodworking, mindfulness theory and more.
- Social Forestry - Learn the theory and practice of social forestry, looking at how sustainable woodland management and crafts can help promote human wellbeing.
- Mindful Woodland Management - Learn some of the basic techniques of traditional woodland management and coppice craft whilst developing mindfulness skills in the peaceful surrounds of the CAT woodlands.
- Connecting with Trees - A unique two-day course immersed in the CAT woodlands, learning about and connecting with the wonderful world of trees.
- Sustainable Woodland Management - The theory and practice of managing woodlands in a way that benefits people and wildlife.
- A Work that Reconnects Retreat - A week-long retreat combining meditation with volunteering
Find out more about the variety on offer at www.cat.org.uk.
Published 23 April 2019