Llandysul and Pont-Tyweli Walkers are Welcome will be holding a Walking Weekend from Friday 29 September - Sunday 1 October 2017.
Friday 29th September 5:30pm
1. Llandysul Local History Walk. Catch the bus from Llandysul car park to Gorrig Square. Covering the History of Pentrellwyn and Gorrig Road; from mills to gentry, agriculture to weaving. An easy road walk ending at the Porth Hotel. Contact: Jane Kerr 01559 363 201 or Lesley Parker 07989 127 396.
Saturday 30th September 10am. Meet at Llandysul car park; transport to start points available.
2. Moderate - Llansawel - old droving road, quiet country lanes, footpaths and bridleways, along the Marlais valley. 8 miles. Ron and Megan Foulkes 01559 352 736.
3. Moderate - Capel Dewi. Gentle walk up through oak woodland and across farmland with spectacular views, along lanes, then dropping down to footpath along the river Teifi. Return to Coed-y-Foel car park on lane. 7 miles. Tom Cowcher 01559 363 200.
4. Fairly Easy - Croeslan - Maesllyn. A looped walk, steeply downhill through open meadows down Cwmtywarch valley, crossing streams and following tiny ancient and picturesque lanes. About 5½ miles. Lisa Bransden 01559 352 143.
Saturday evening 7pm: Twmpath (country dance) at the Porth Hotel, £4.
Sunday 1st October, 10am. Meet at Llandysul car park; transport to start points available.
5. Moderate - Pencader, towards Alltwalis windmills, to Mynydd Rhoswen and Trebeddau woodlands. Quiet country lanes, footpaths and bridleways. 8/9 miles. Ron and Megan Foulkes 01559 362 736
6. Moderate - Llandysul - Pont-Tyweli North Walk. A walk through parkland, along country lanes and across open farmland with fine views across Llandysul, the Clettwr valley and over Carmarthenshire hills. A few uphill sections. About 4 miles. Rhodri James 01559 362 202.
7. Moderate - Pontsian. Starting from DH Evans Hall Car Park, Pontsian at 10.30 am. 7 miles. A mile on a countryside road, the remainder on countryside paths. Eileen Curry 01559 362 253.
Sunday afternoon 4pm. Welsh Tea, at the Porth Hotel (01559 362 202) - free to walkers with a token or £5 per head if not talking part in walks.