Welcome, on behalf of the Parish to St. Peter's Church page. A church which is sometimes called The Cathedral of the Valley, because of its imposing presence. Whilst not the parish Church itself, it is certainly the most imposing of the four churches in the parish. The building of St. Peter's started in 1858 and was then consecrated in 1862. The benefactor Mr William Parsons died in 1864 and is buried outside the East window. The church has a Victorian Organ built by WG Vowles in 1872 and newly restored by K Jones & Associates.
There are books available regarding the Church and the Organ, please contact the Vicar.