Joseph Parry's Cottage Museum

4 Chapel Road, Merthyr Tydfil, Merthyr Tydfil, CF47 8RE, Wales

4 Chapel Row is a fine example of a typical ironworker's cottage.

Built in the 1820's for the workers of the Cyfarthfa Ironworks, the cottage was the birthplace in 1841 of Joseph Parry, Wales best known composer. His much loved 'Myfanwy' is still a favourite of Welsh Male Voice Choirs to this day.

The interior of the cottage is set in the 1840's, and shows the living conditions of the ironworkers at the time when Parry was a young boy. The upstairs galleries house an exhibition about Parry's life and work, and a small section giving further background to Merthyr Tydfil's industrial past.

At Joseph Parry's Cottage the ground floor is accessible to disabled users. The toilet is small and has not been adapted for disabled use. There are large print guides available, and information is given verbally by a guide for the visually impaired

October-March: Open by appointment only. Please note there will be a £1 per head charge for opening out of hours.

Nearby accommodation

Nearby activities

Nearby attractions

Nearby events