St John's Church

Saint John's Hill, Barmouth, Gwynedd, LL42 1AE, Wales

St John's Church serves the community of Barmouth. Cathedral like in its proportions with a designed seating capacity of 1000 St John’s lends itself well to large services.

Open daily for visitors and worshippers, its majestic and awe-inspiring interior is truly worth the walk. Interior includes C E Kemp stained glass windows, marble Font and an amazing array of carved angels and the Reredos screen.

The three manual Pipe Organ at St John’s is one of the largest fully mechanical instruments in North Wales and can still operate without electricity if three willing volunteers can be found to pump it.

St John's was built between 1889 and 1895 and designed by the Chester architects Douglas & Fordham. The foundation stone was laid by Princess Beatrice of the United Kingdom.

The church is open daily between 10am and 4pm and is well worth the climb up the hill to see its wondrous and quiet interior!

Worship is held every Sunday morning.