In March 2018 Henfaes Isaf was listed in The Sunday Times as one of the trendiest places to stay in the UK. Delightful Welsh farmhouse in the Upper Dee Valley with open fire, exposed beams and a beautiful garden.
• Far away from modern life and surrounded by unspoilt, beautiful countryside this unique traditional Welsh farmhouse is set in a lovely peaceful garden with lots of walks virtually on your doorstep - this is ideal mountain biking country too - see below for more information.
• This beautiful cottage is featured in the book Cool Places and in Julia Bradbury's Outdoor Guide as a walk-friendly location to stay.
• The farmhouse dates back several centuries, a former outhouse has 1770 carved on a wall, but the house probably was built in much earlier times and has now been sympathetically renovated with many original features still to be seen - beamed ceilings, an oak-panelled wall, bespoke wooden doors and windows with stained glass salvaged from ancient churches.
• The cosy sitting room has an inglenook fireplace complete with bread oven and comfortable yellow sofas which contrast with beautiful antique furniture and unique pieces handcrafted by previous generations of owners - a magnificent handcrafted dresser and dining table are features of the dining room.
• There are lovely bedrooms and a bathroom on the 1st floor and an old stable with a converted hayloft - a colourful games room with toys, games, large TV and a comfortable sofa - plus a telescope to explore the night sky.
• This tranquil location attracts a wide variety of birds, relax in the garden, dine alfresco and listen to evening birdsong - when daylight fades the night sky is filled with stars - a truly lovely sight which has to be seen to be believed!