The Cross Keys Self Catering Holiday Cottage is full of unique charm and character as you would expect in an ancient building. Semi detached in the oldest part of the Village and within walking distance of the River Dee, internationally famous for its fly fishing. It is also walking distance from the dog friendly Brynterion Pub. The Cross Keys is also on a bus route, linking the towns of Llangollen, Wrexham and Chester or to the west the Seaside towns Barmouth, Fairbourne, Harlech toward Porthmadog, Portmeirion and Criccieth.
The village of Llandderfel lies on the central edge of Snowdonia National Park to the north and west and to the Berwyn Mountains to the south and east on one side of the River Dee Valley. On the other side of the Valley and to the east, lies the Llantysillio Hill Range and the Clwydian Hill Range, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This area is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful parts of North Wales and the UK. The River travels through the valley toward Llangollen with its Heritage Steam Railway. As the Dee travels further to the sea, it passes under the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Canal, a World Heritage Site. To the North East lies the wild land of 'Hirithrog' where Brenig and Alwyn reservoirs lie. There are family friendly bike trails, visitor centre and bike hire. Fishing and exploring the forests and area of Denbigh Moor. Bike Hire is also available in Bala.
The Cross Keys is a wonderful base from which to explore this part of North Wales the Snowdonia National Park, with endless outdoor activities to do, all listed on the Visit Bala Site. New to Snowdonia National Park in the Penrhyn Slate Quarry, Zip World for guests who thrive on adrenaline thumping activities the Zip Wire is the longest in Europe at this moment.
The Cottage is full of charm, comfortable, traditional, warm, homely and well equipped. Larger than it looks it has a cellar, with a freezer and solid fuel and log storage. Trip advisor Cottage of Excellence.
• On the ground floor, a very well equipped Kitchen / Dining room, Hand built units, slate worktops, Small cooker, Washing Machine/Drier, Microwave Oven/Grill. Gas Hob, Multifuel Stove, Wood burner and Electric Heating. The dining room seats six. high chair if needed.
• The living room has a large multifuel stove and Dimplex wall heater. It is very cosy, warm and comfortable with furnishings in keeping with the age of the cottage. Lots of books, games, Maps, TV/DVD/video player Free Wi-Fi.
• On the first floor a very comfortable double bedroom with its own walk in closet,
• Shower room with Bidet and toilet, electric Shaver/tooth brush point, Heated Towel Rail.
• Another comfortable Double Bedroom
• On the second floor a King size bedroom and through into a second bedroom with Twin Beds. This could be a day room, dressing room, play room or double twin bedroom or nursery. large Toy Basket
• It has great flexibility. All bedrooms are very comfortable and spacious.
• Quality bed linen and towels provided for each guest.
• All disposable kitchen items including Kitchen Towel, Washing up Liquid, Washing Powder, foil, cling film,
Tea, Coffee, Milk and Sugar. Basic condiments always provided.
• Logs, kindling and coal provided. Fires made up and when necessary lit for your arrival.
Heaters in every room.
• More information regarding bed spaces and pictures are on my web site.
• Spotlessly Clean, I do it myself.
Free Wi-fi with parental controls applied.
Dog welcome but usual rules apply.
• Plenty of unrestricted road parking in square or by Church, sometimes by the side of the cottage.
• The Telephone box next to the cottage works and is listed.
• Ten minute fast walk to local Pub.
• Possible Friday or Saturday Start. Flexible. Available from 3.30pm and depart by 10.30 am. This can be
flexible based on occupancy
There are lots of walks directly from the front door. The Village square is 'Trafalgar Square', with its stream, is the village center, just a few yards away. Please feel free to contact me if you are in the area and I am available, I will happily show you around the cottage.
The prices for each self-catering holiday cottage are fully inclusive with no hidden charges or booking fees. They are open throughout the year and Short Breaks are available minimum three nights quiet season.