Courtyard Cottage has it all, style, space, sumptuous furnishings and a location that is hard to rival in the Hay on Wye area.
• In its former life, the cottage had a very different role - a hayloft to the farm serving Maesllwch Castle - subtle and charming hints remain of its history yet today it shines as a fantastic holiday destination for couples, families or groups.
• The ground floor accommodation, entered via the well-tended garden entrance is perfect for families. It has a bedroom and doors leading to a single bedroom, with an additional pull out child's bed. The two rooms share a linked large family bathroom which has doors to the garden - an ideal suite for families with little ones - convenient and pleasantly quiet with fantastic garden views.
• The first floor, accessed by a striking red stairway, opens onto the Master Suite which is stunning in both its size and layout. There is a generous four-poster bed which takes centre stage and vying for attention are the original round windows, once used to toss hay to the courtyard below but now showcased as beautiful reminders of the busy past times. The suite also has a feature round basin, echoing the design of the windows and leading off the bedroom is a generous shower and separate toilet.
• On this floor is the living accommodation which comprises of a simply enormous vaulted and beamed family room. At the rear is a galley style kitchen of generous size with ample storage as well as the usual labour saving devices, including a dishwasher and a washer/dryer.
• The handcrafted dining table easily seats six and the roomy seating area has 2 sofas as well as an armchair and a log burning stove. There are books to browse, a TV/DVD and a music system. Adults will love the laid back luxury of this family room and little ones will be elated at the space and freedom they have here, whatever the weather may bring!
• Outside there is a secluded dining area exclusively for Courtyard Cottage guests with sweeping views of the gardens ,well-tended lawns and shade-giving mature trees.