Prize Draw - Terms and conditions
How to Enter
By completing the prize draw online entry form at www.visitwales.com/prize-draws/ys38 you will be in with a chance of winning a £800 Welsh Rarebit voucher and 2 adult and 2 children’s (5 -15 years old) ferry tickets with one car from Ireland to Wales.
The following terms shall have the corresponding meanings for the purposes of this Agreement:
• Welsh Rarebits Gift Vouchers MUST be presented at time of arrival at the property to enable the property to validate the voucher. The property reserves the right to refuse the voucher if presented at any other time.
• Welsh Rarebits Gift Vouchers have an expiry date of 12 months from date of voucher issue. This date is shown on the individual voucher. Under no circumstances can the voucher be extended beyond the date stated. Please contact Welsh Rarebits before the voucher expires if you are having difficulty booking your stay. No refund will be given in the event on non-redemption during the 12 month validity period.
• Change is not given on purchases which cost less than the value of the Gift Voucher presented.
• Gift Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
• Gift Vouchers will be subject to verification at time of presentation and each individual property reserves the right not to accept any voucher that have or appear to have been forged, damaged, defaced or otherwise tampered with.
• No responsibility will be accepted for lost, stolen or damaged Gift Vouchers and such vouchers shall not be refunded. To deface a voucher will render it invalid.
• Welsh Rarebits gift vouchers can only be redeemed for accommodation and food at Welsh Rarebits properties that have a current Welsh Rarebits membership at the time of redemption. Welsh Rarebits gift vouchers CANNOT be used at any Great Little Places or Rare Hideaways properties.
Promoter’s Name and Address
1. Visit Wales (Welsh Government), QED Centre, Main Avenue, Treforest Industrial Estate, Treforest, Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taf, CF37 5YR (the “Promoter”) email address: email@example.com.
2. Entries for this Prize Draw will be accepted from 12.00 am on the (29 March 2018) (the “Opening Date”).
3. The closing date for the receipt of entries is 5:00 p.m. on the (30 April 2018)
(the “Closing Date”).
How to participate
4. In order to enter this Prize draw, the entrant must complete and submit the online entry form which can be found at www.visitwales.com/prize-draws/ys38
by the Closing Date.
5. Entrants must be natural persons, residents of Ireland, over 18 years old and not employees (or members of their families) of the Welsh Government, Welsh Rarebits, Irish Ferries, Stena Line or iCrossing.
6. Only one entry per person. Joint submissions will be excluded from participation. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
7. Once you have submitted an entry, you acknowledge that all of the copyright, privacy, publicity and all other rights in and to the entry will be owned by the Promoter. Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter all worldwide copyright and like rights in their entries and waive all moral rights.
8. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be included in the draw. The Promoter will not be responsible for any entries that are not received by the Closing Date, whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise, and whether or not due to any technical difficulties or malfunctions.
9. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will not be eligible for the Prize draw.
10. By submitting a Prize draw entry you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to draw an alternative winner in the event that it believes any winner has contravened these terms and conditions.
11. By entering in the Prize draw, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the Prize draw entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agent, Mediascene to administer the Prize draw. Only winners details will be shared with suppliers Welsh Rarebits, Irish Ferries and/or Stena Line and the Promoter's digital agency iCrossing, to deliver the Prize.
12. There is one prize to be won: a £800 Welsh Rarebit voucher and 2 adult and 2 children’s (5-15 years old) ferry tickets from Ireland to Wales with one car. (“the Prize”)
13. The entrant chosen to win the Prize in accordance with condition 17 (the “Winner”) shall be entitled to choose one adult person and two children up to the age of 15 years to join them on the holiday to Wales (the “Guests”).
14. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and does not include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports or stations, drink, spending money, tax or personal expenses. Any other costs including any transfers and any taxes incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the Prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
15. No cash alternative will be offered in lieu of any prize awarded, even in the case of cancellation.
16. The holiday described in the Prize must be taken within 12 months from the date of notification to the winner. The Prize will become invalid after 12 months from the date of notification to the winner.
Selection of the Winner
17. The winner of the Prize draw will be selected at random by the Promoter or Mediascene (a company contracted by the Promoter to administer Prize draws on its behalf) before the 14 May 2018 among all duly received entries by the Closing Date in the presence of an independent observer. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of a Prize winner’s identity, age and address. In the event that a Prize winner cannot provide proof of identity and age reasonably acceptable to the Promoter, the Prize may be withdrawn and another Prize winner selected.
18. The Winner agrees that their name will be used in publicity. Such publicity will include the Winner being filmed for promotional purposes. The Winner agrees that their name and photograph together with any promotional footage may be used on the Visit Wales website, social media and any other promotional medium.
Notification of the results and receipt of the Prize
19. The name and country of residence of the winner will be made available for up to 28 days after the closing date to anyone sending their email address to firstname.lastname@example.org in a message with the subject heading Ireland Prize Draw 2018 – Attention Amy Murphy.
20. The winner will be notified by email after the draw under the email address given by them in the entry. If the winner does not answer this email within 7 days after the posting of the email and informs the Promoter that he will accept the Prize then the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize at random to another entrant among the remaining entrants. The winner will receive their Prize within a reasonable time thereafter but no later than six weeks after the Closing Date.
21. On notification, the winner will be required to provide a valid postal address. The Prize is delivered via registered post. When postal delivery is not suitable, alternative delivery will be arranged between the Promoter and the Winner. The Promoter will not be liable for any Prize which is lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond its control.
22. The Promoter’s Prize draw is final.
23. There is no legal claim for the delivery of a prize. Redress through the courts is excluded.
24. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent except as allowed under paragraphs 11, 18 and 19 above.
Restrictions and requirements
25. The Winner will be responsible for ensuring that they and their Guests are available to travel and hold valid passports, driver licences any necessary visas and travel documents for the holiday in question on the travel dates specified. Dates once notified to the Promoter may not be changed.
26. Entry to the Prize draw is free. No purchase is necessary. By using an internet access for the entry, costs of an internet provider might occur.
27. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland.
28. All enquires relating to this Prize draw should be made to the Promoter at its address described in Condition 1.