09 August 2016
Roll up, roll up! Cardiff Street Food Circus returns
After an incredibly successful summer last year on John Street, Cardiff's biggest movable street food festival is back! With a new home in Sophia Gardens (Bute Park) and a huge list of caterers, Street Food Circus promises to bring a whole load of tasty fun to the city once again.
Running for six weeks every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 18th August and 25th September, there are plenty of opportunities to get a bite of the action. The immersive dining event will be slightly different to last year's, thanks to some exciting new additions to the layout of the festival and new vendors.
This isn't the sort of al fresco dining experience where you have to sit on damp grass hunched over a sweaty looking sarnie, oh no. There will be a huge circus top for communal dining at picnic tables and benches, a night market, themed bars stocked with local craft ales, beers and cocktails plus 20 food trucks at any given time. Even better, they rotate the vendors as the season plays out, so no two visits to the Street Food Circus need be the same!
Street Food Circus, Cardiff by Street Food Circus
While Something Creatives, the folks behind the street food masterpiece, are keeping tight-lipped about the specifics of the summer sensation, they've shared a few nuggets of information with us.
So far, we know that:
- It'll open on Thursdays as well as the usual Friday-Sunday offering;
- The opening hours will be: Thursdays and Fridays 6-10pm, Saturdays 2-10pm, Sundays 12-6pm;
- Milgi, the plant-based living cafe and bar on City Road, will host a Sky Yurt, which will run as a sit-down supper club restaurant. Up to 40 diners can book to enjoy a three-course feast;
- Feast Clwb will run as a supper club that showcases Welsh chefs;
- A £5 grazing menu is being introduced;
- There will be three contrasting food zones, rather than just one central area housing everyone: The Farmyard, Singha Street and The Block.
The Pizza Bike, Street Food Circus, Cardiff by Street Food Circus
Take a look at some of the names that have already been revealed!
The Applecart Cider Bar, Slow Pig, Hang Fire Smokehouse, The Brûlée Bar, The Pork Society, Crofters, La Froga Racalette, Big Fish Little Fish, The Spanish Gourmet, Dusty Knuckle Pizza, Mr. Croquewich, Outpost Coffee, Earlybird Bakery, Ice Green Vegan Ice Cream.
The Purple Poppadom Tukka Tuk, Bangkok Cafe, Gopal's Curry Shack, Mr Jerk, Little Bao Peep, Patagonia, Bearded Taco, El Salsa.
Dirty Bird Fried Chicken, Lola's Wings, Meat & Greek, Cheese Truck, Science Cream, Pregos Street Food, The Pickled Brisket, Ffwrnes, Got Beef.