After the release of Jake Blues from prison, he and brother Elwood go to visit "The Penguin", the last of the nuns who raised them in a boarding school. They learn the Archdiocese will stop supporting the school and will sell the place to the Education Authority. The only way to keep the place open is if the $5000 tax on the property is paid within 11 days. The Blues Brothers want to help, and decide to put their blues band back together and raise the the money by staging a big gig. As they set off on their "mission from God" they seem to make more enemies along the way. Will they manage to come up with the money in time?
Some things to consider for our outdoor cinema screenings:
– This is a free seating event, you are expected to provide your own blankets/cushions and dress according to the weather
– If you are bringing picnic chairs, we request you sit at the back to avoid obstructing others view
– Picnics are welcome with the expectation all rubbish is discarded in bins provided, but there will be a café open should you wish to purchase drinks, alcohol and confectionary
– In the event of bad weather, the film may be screened inside our medieval Tythe Barn. Please call on the day if you would like to receive an update on this
– Should the film be screened outdoors and the weather changes to rain, the film will not be stopped and will continue to be screened outdoors (excluding extreme circumstances).