In 1927, Don Lockwood and Lina Lamont are a famous on-screen romantic pair. Lina, however, mistakes the on-screen romance for real love. Don has worked hard to get where he is today, with his former partner Cosmo. When Don and Lina's latest film is transformed into a musical, Don has the perfect voice for the songs. But Lina - well, even with the best efforts of a diction coach, they still decide to dub over her voice. Kathy Selden is brought in, an aspiring actress, and while she is working on the movie, Don falls in love with her. Will Kathy continue to "aspire", or will she get the break she deserves?
Some things to consider for our outdoor cinema screenings:
– This is a free seating event, you are expected to provide your own blankets/cushions and dress according to the weather
– If you are bringing picnic chairs, we request you sit at the back to avoid obstructing others view
– Picnics are welcome with the expectation all rubbish is discarded in bins provided, but there will be a café open should you wish to purchase drinks, alcohol and confectionary
– In the event of bad weather, the film may be screened inside our medieval Tythe Barn. Please call on the day if you would like to receive an update on this
– Should the film be screened outdoors and the weather changes to rain, the film will not be stopped and will continue to be screened outdoors (excluding extreme circumstances).