Answer 6 very quick questions. As a thank you, you could win £500 in our prize draw!
Please complete our survey.
Your continued use of this website implies consent for usage of cookies.
This monument commemorates Aneurin Bevan, the outstanding politician who was born in Tredegar in 1897 and elected M.P. for the area in 1929.
Bedwellty House is a grade 2 listed building. It was built in 1818 as a home for Samuel Homfrey, the Ironmaster at Tredegar Iron Company. The House was built on land leased from Lord Tredegar and the grounds measured 26 acres
Join us for a Father’s Day treat at Big Pit National Coal Museum.
Return of the successful World War Two themed event centred on Blaenavon Ironworks.
The small town of Blaenavon and its surrounding landscape at the head of the Eastern Valley of Torfaen, was awarded World Heritage Site Status in November 2000.
Travel in an all-weather observation coach behind a vintage Steam Locomotive through beautiful scenery into the Brecon Beacons National Park along the full length of the Taf Fechan Reservoir to Torpantau, high in the Brecon Beacons.
Caerphilly, covering 30 acres (12.2ha), is one of the greatest surviving castles in the medieval Western world. It was a highpoint in medieval defensive architecture with its massive gatehouses and water features.
The local Tourist Information Centre provides information on attractions, activities and events in the area as well as offering advice and help on booking accommodation.
The spectacular ironworks were built in the late 18th century and are a scheduled ancient monument.
This exhibition will highlight Merthyr Tydfil’s involvement in WWI. It will feature films, artwork, objects and more all created and donated by the local community.
Garwnant Visitor Centre facilities include forest walks, restaurant, education/conference facilities, information centre, childrens play area, and mini-MTB mountain bike trails. Further info download Cymru ForestXplorer Wales app
A beautiful historic religious place of worship, Groeswen Chapel is set on the slopes of Mynydd Meio, overlooking Caerphilly.
Llancaiach Fawr Manor stands proudly, as it has done since c1550, overlooking the Glamorgan Uplands. Step inside the Manor House restored and furnished as it would have been in 1645.
The Mill is one of the few surviving triple stone water mills left in the country. Currently being restored, the 17th century Mill houses many historical artefacts from the area.
A scenic train ride through the Blaenavon World Heritage Site. Connects Blaenavon with Bit Pit, the Garn Lakes and the Whistle Inn.
Ruperra Castle is a 17th century manor house currently undegoing restoration after being rescued by a local trust.
Considered to be the best surviving grotto in Wales, the shell grotto in Pontypool Park stands on a ridge 700 ft above sea level. Constructed as a summerhouse for the Hanbury family of iron masters who owned Pontypool Park.
The Sirhowy Ironworks were first established in 1778. Between 1794 and 1818, they were operated by William Borrow, Rev. Matthew Monkhouse and Richard Fothergill.
St Elvan's Church was started in 1851 and completed in 1852. It has for many years been called 'The Cathedral of the Valleys', and its history is closely linked to the town's industrial development.