Llanerchaeron is a small 18th century Welsh gentry estate, set in the beautiful Dyffryn Aeron. The estate survived virtually unaltered into the 20th century and was bequeathed to the National Trust by J. P. Ponsonby Lewes in 1989, whose family had owned it for 10 generations.
The villa was designed and built by John Nash in 1794-96 and is the most complete example of his early work. Llanerchaeron was a self-sufficient estate - evident in the dairy, laundry, brewery and salting house of the service courtyard, as well as the Home Farm buildings from the stables to the threshing barns.
Llanerchaeron today is a working farm with two restored walled gardens which produce fruit and vegetables which we sell in our shop. There are extensive walks around the estate and parkland as well as daily activities throughout the school holidays.
Disabled access - Ground floor of Villa fully accessible - no access to other floors - grounds largely accessible.
Special provision for disabled visitors