St James' Church

Llanwrtyd Wells, Powys, Llanwrtyd Wells, Powys, LD5 4RG, Wales

Llanwrtyd Wells become a Spa town in the late 18th century and St James church was built in 1896 in the centre of the town, as a mission church

St James, Llanwrtyd is a different kind of church. Located in the middle of town, it is a centre of community activity and a friendly and unpretentious place to worship. It is also open during the day where it provides a beautiful, quiet space, good facilities and some attractive works of art.

The old parish church of St David dates from the 11th century and is just over a mile north of the town on the Abergwesyn road. Although technically redundant, is still open and used for occassional services.

Nearby accommodation

Nearby activities

Nearby attractions

Nearby events