Situated on the beautiful shores of Llangorse Lake on the site of an ancient Celtic church founded by St Gastyn in @AD450. The church was rebuilt in 1848 to 1851.
The patron was Robert Raikes of Treberfydd who had come into contact with the Tractarians at Oxford in the 1830's and who built the adjacent school. which is now a private house. The church is a remarkably intact survivor of the Oxford Movement's ideas on liturgical arrangements and is listed GradeII*.
Howell Harris underwent his religious conversion in the church and has many connections with the local area.
The church has four bells, the heaviest being 9 cwt. For more information on Bell Ringing go to the Swansea and Brecon Diocesan Guild of Bell Ringers.