A rock and shingle beach just to the south of the town and harbour. A very attractive small seaside town, Aberaeron was planned and built in 1805 around a square of elegant Regency style buildings; it has a small harbour for yachts and fishing boats.
The beach is also traditionally a good place to spot the bay’s porpoise population at sea on warm days, together with spectacular views down the coast and the southernmost part is a great favourite for experienced surfers and body boarding.
Dog restrictions apply May to end September.
Aberaeron’s North beach is backed by a promenade which extends from the harbour; the Coast Path then runs from here to Aberarth. Travelling into Aberaeron on the A487 from Aberystwyth, turn right where signed for parking; this road ends at a car park by the promenade.