This ancient and modern Church, writes Canon Keith Evans, Vicar of Oystermouth, has been a place of Christian worship for well over a thousand years. It is quite likely that there was a Christian presence here sometime towards the end of the Roman occupation of Britain. The Church itself is built on the site of a Roman settlement. This could have been a villa, or more likely a mansio [inn] or even a military / naval base.
The earliest recorded references to the Church date from 1141 when the Norman Lord, Maurice de Londres, granted the Parish of 'Ostremuwe' to the Benedictine Priory of Ewenny.
It was during the Norman occupation of Gower that much of the original All Saints Church was built. The tower was the last part to be contructed sometime during the 13th century.
Through its history All Saints Church has been served by a succession of faithful priests and people. It has also nurtured a vocation to the ordained ministry in those who have gone on to serve elsewhere.